Avery-Copp House footage from Thomas Brown of Flying Fox Photography
Chanteyman Geoff Kaufman reacts to an unexpected note from the horn section.
In the clip above, Brett Livingston demonstrates the Ediphone to visitors. The Edison phonograph was invented by Thomas Edison in 1877, our Ediphone is a 1904 model. The beeswax cylinders can play up to two minutes of music. The Ediphone and fifteen wax cylinders were donated to the museum by Jim Streeter so we can play them for the public, allowing them to hear the sound of years gone by.
Archivist Kathy Leuze of the Avery-Copp House Museum, a Thames River Heritage Park site, tells the story of the museum’s history and educational programs.
Natalie Livingston describes and demonstrates the museum’s prized Ediphone.